Energy Trade & Technology Conference
The NECBC's "New England-Canada Energy Conference" - held annually in Boston - focuses on all sectors of energy trade and cooperation between the Northeast U.S. and its largest energy partner, Canada. The forum brings together Canadian and American senior executives, policy makers, regulators and energy experts who will provide their perspectives, share knowledge and explore a wide range of topics.
Our 27th annual conference will be held on November 20-21, 2019 at the Seaport Hotel in Boston.
The NECBC is delighted to note that former FERC Commissioner (and former Chair) Cheryl LaFleur will be the keynote speaker on November 20. And James Robb, President & CEO of NERC, will be the concluding keynote speaker on November 21. Among the other confirmed speakers for the November event are: David Hang of Orsted U.S. Offshore Wind; Karen Iampen of Repsol; James Judge of Eversource; Leonard Kula of the Ontario IESO; Eric Martel of Hydro-Quebec; Ian Robertson of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.; James Torgerson of Avangrid; Elizabeth Turnbull Henry of the Environmental League of Massachusetts; Gordon van Welie of ISO-NE; Rudy Wynter of National Grid; and many more!
This year’s conference will address common challenges and areas of mutual interest in our strategic U.S.-Canada energy and environmental relationship, including:
- Electricity supply and demand developments, new and diverse resource integration, and the future of cross-border hydro power connectivity;
- Current status and outlook for expanding offshore wind projects and their impacts on the Northeast power grid;
- The future of natural gas and LNG and gas transmission infrastructure in the Northeast;
- The impact of new technologies such as energy storage, electric vehicles, advanced energy efficiency, and peak demand management on power grid reliability and consumer energy costs;
- Mutual green energy, carbon reduction, and carbon neutrality goals, strategies, and impacts;
- Managing the impacts of rising energy costs on Consumers and Businesses in a transitional energy marketplace; and
- Impact of newly emerging clean energy technologies.
Information on our Nov. 2019 Conference can be found below:
2019 Registration Brochure, with Program & Registration Info
Click here to Register and pay online
Media Advisory, 11-12-19
Outline of Sponsorship Opportunities
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
Cheryl LaFleur and James Robb to Provide Keynote Addresses at Upcoming Energy Conference
Published November 7th, 2019
The NECBC is pleased to announce that James Robb, President and CEO of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), will be our Luncheon Keynote Speaker at the Counc…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Calendar Of Events
NECBC's 27th Annual U.S.-Canada Energy Conference
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - Thursday, November 21, 2019
Seaport Hotel, Boston, MAContact Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org with conference questionsTake advant…
NECBC Holiday Reception
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 05:30p.m.-07:30p.m.
Serafina Boston10 High Street, Boston, MA 02110(More info to follow)…
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.