Energy Trade & Technology Conference
The NECBC's "New England-Canada Energy Conference" - held annually in Boston - focuses on all sectors of energy trade and cooperation between the Northeast U.S. and its largest energy partner, Canada. The forum brings together Canadian and American senior executives, policy makers, regulators and energy experts who will provide their perspectives, share knowledge and explore a wide range of topics.
Our 27th annual conference will be held on November 20-21, 2019 at the Seaport Hotel in Boston.
The NECBC is delighted to note that FERC Commissioner Cheryl LaFleur will be the keynote speaker on November 20. Among the other confirmed speakers for the November event are: James Judge of Eversource; Eric Martel of Hydro-Quebec; Ian Robertson of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.; James Torgerson of Avangrid; Elizabeth Turnbull Henry of the Environmental League of Massachusetts; and Gordon van Welie of ISO-NE.
This year’s conference will address common challenges and areas of mutual interest in our strategic U.S.-Canada energy and environmental relationship, including:
- Electricity supply and demand developments, new and diverse resource integration, and the future of cross-border hydro power connectivity;
- Current status and outlook for expanding offshore wind projects and their impacts on the Northeast power grid;
- The future of natural gas and LNG and gas transmission infrastructure in the Northeast;
- The impact of new technologies such as energy storage, electric vehicles, advanced energy efficiency, and peak demand management on power grid reliability and consumer energy costs;
- Mutual green energy, carbon reduction, and carbon neutrality goals, strategies, and impacts;
- Managing the impacts of rising energy costs on Consumers and Businesses in a transitional energy marketplace; and
- Impact of newly emerging clean energy technologies.
Information on our Nov. 2019 Conference can be found below:
Outline of Sponsorship Opportunities
Registration Brochure, with Program & Registration Info
Click here to Register and pay online
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Reserve Reports Modest Economic Growth in U.S. Regions; Boston District Sees Tariff and Trade Uncertainty as Major Issue
Published July 18th, 2019
On July 17, the Federal Reserve Bank released its latest “Beige Book” on economic conditions in U.S. regions. In summary, the Fed found that “Economic activ…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Calendar Of Events
Second Annual NECBC Invitational Tournament in Memory of Fred Nemergut
Monday, September 16, 2019 12:15p.m.-07:30p.m.
Stow Acres Country Club, Stow, MA
Registration & Box Lunch - 12:1…
NECBC's 27th Annual U.S.-Canada Energy Conference
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - Thursday, November 21, 2019
Seaport Hotel, Boston, MAContact Ellen at email@example.com with conference questionsTake advant…
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.