Energy Trade & Technology Conference
The NECBC's "New England-Canada Energy Conference" - held annually in Boston - focuses on all sectors of energy trade and cooperation between the Northeast U.S. and its largest energy partner, Canada. The forum brings together Canadian and American senior executives, policy makers, regulators and energy experts who will provide their perspectives, share knowledge and explore a wide range of topics.
Our next Annual Conference will be held Nov. 1-2, 2018 - please save the dates!
The November 2017 conference - our 25th anniversary event - included:
- A keynote address by the Hon. Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Canada’s Minister of Small Business and Tourism;
- Updates on regional energy market developments, including the Massachusetts “clean energy RFP”;
- Industry leader perspectives on infrastructure and investment opportunities and challenges;
- Clean energy technology innovations and new market entries;
- A look back on what has worked – and what hasn’t – in energy markets over the last 25 years; and
- A tribute to the founder of this event, Fred Nemergut, as we marked the conference’s 25th anniversary.
As Prime Minister Justin Trudeau observed in a 2017 speech in Houston:
"Nothing is more essential to the U.S. economy than access to a secure, reliable source of energy. Canada is that source."
We hope you can join us in early November 2018 for our next annual event!
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
2017 Conference Brochure
2017 Conference Photos
RTO Insider news summary of 2017 Conference discussions
2017 Speaker Presentations
Geoff Mitchell, Brant Energy
Jon Sorenson, NECBC Overview
Rich Paglia, Enbridge
James Torgerson, AVANGRID
Eric Martel, Hydro-Québec
Mike Twomey, Entergy
Peter Rothstein, Northeast Clean Energy Council
Karen Hutt, Nova Scotia Power
Francis Slingsby, Orsted
Tribute to Fred Nemergut by John Reed
Massachusetts Announces Updated Process for Clean Energy Bid Selection; Extension Granted to Northern Pass, NE Clean Energy Connect Identified as Backup Option
Published February 17th, 2018
On February 16, the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) announced next steps in the selection process for clean energy procurement as part of the Commonwealth&rsquo…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Calendar Of Events
24TH Annual GBANE International Business Forum & Networking Night
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 05:30p.m.-08:00p.m.
Morgan Lewis, One Federal Street, Boston, MA
Click here to register online
26th Annual U.S./Canada Energy Trade and Technology Conference
Thursday, November 01, 2018 - Friday, November 02, 2018
Save the Dates!!!
Seaport Hotel, Boston, MA
For more information, please contact Ell…
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.