The NECBC sponsors several events during the year to highlight business and trade opportunities between New England and Canada.
Recent events have included:
- briefing on Quebec-New England economic trade, by Premier Francois Legault of Quebec, presented with New England Council, November 2018;
- Forum on "NAFTA and the New England Economy," presented in conjunction with the New England Council, Boston, MA, May 2018;
- business panel discussions on "Renegotiating NAFTA", focusing on trade partnerships among MA, NH, Quebec and Canada, with events held in Boston, MA and Manchester, NH, April 2018;
- discussion on Atlantic Canada trade with New England, with three Maritime Premiers and Canada's Minister of Agriculture, March 2018;
- U.S.-Canada economic outlook panel discussion, March 2018;
- presentation on modernizing NAFTA, by Premier Stephen McNeil of Nova Scotia, November 2017;
- remarks by Scott Gilmore on Canada redefining itself vis-a-vis U.S.inter-relations, in June 2017;
- Halifax-Boston trade opportunities luncheon, in May 2017;
- panel on cross-border business travel in Boston in March 2017;
- panel discussion on U.S.-Canada trade and its implications for the New England economy at "NECBC @35" event in Boston in October 2016;
- panel discussion on cyber-security in April 2016;
- a forum on Transportation, addressing rail, aviation and ports, in April 2015.
Look for further details here and on the "Speaker Programs" page regarding upcoming events.
New England Governors Release Joint Statement on Regional Energy Cooperation
Published March 16th, 2019
On March 15, the six New England Governors released a joint statement on regional energy cooperation.
A particular focus is maintaining the role of nuclear in the region’s e…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.