The NECBC sponsors several events during the year to highlight business and trade opportunities between New England and Canada.
Recent events have included:
- Forum on North American trade, Hanover, NH, Nov. 2019;
- remarks by Peter MacKay, partner at Baker McKenzie and former Federal Minister of Justice, Defense and Foreign Affairs, on the "Canadian/U.S. Relationship," March 2019;
- briefing on Quebec-New England economic trade, by Premier Francois Legault of Quebec, presented with New England Council, November 2018;
- Forum on "NAFTA and the New England Economy," presented in conjunction with the New England Council, Boston, MA;
- business panel discussions on "Renegotiating NAFTA", focusing on trade partnerships among MA, NH, Quebec and Canada, with events held in Boston, MA and Manchester, NH;
- discussion on Atlantic Canada trade with New England, with three Maritime Premiers and Canada's Minister of Agriculture;
- remarks by Scott Gilmore on Canada redefining itself vis-a-vis U.S. inter-relations;
- panel discussion on U.S.-Canada trade and its implications for the New England economy at "NECBC @35" event in Boston in October 2016;
- panel discussion on cyber-security featuring Juliette Kayyem of Harvard’s JFK School;
- forum on Transportation, addressing rail, aviation and ports.
Look for further details here and on the "Speaker Programs" page regarding upcoming events.
U.S. Senate Approves USMCA Trade Legislation
Published January 17th, 2020
On January 16, the U.S. Senate voted by an 89-10 margin to approve the updated NAFTA trade agreement, the “United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.”
The bill was approve…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Calendar Of Events
NECBC in Partnership with the U.S. and Canada Branches of the International Fiscal Association - Reception
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 06:00p.m.-08:00p.m.
Please join us for a special reception at the Boston Public Library.Location: Gustavino Room,…
U.S.-Canada Business, Economic and Trade Executive Forum
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 12:30p.m.-07:30p.m.
The University of Massachusetts Club, 1 Beacon Street, Boston, MA Keynote Speaker: Beata Caran…
28th Annual U.S./Canada Energy Conference
Thursday, November 12, 2020 - Friday, November 13, 2020
Seaport Hotel, Boston, MA
(More information TBA)…
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.