The NECBC sponsors several events during the year to highlight business and trade opportunities between New England and Canada.
Recent events have included:
- participation in a panel discussion at "Business Globalization Forum" in Boston in November 2016;
- panel discussion on U.S.-Canada trade and its implications for the New England economy at "NECBC @35" event in Boston in October 2016;
- presentation on research and cross-border collaboration by Dr. Steven Liss of Queen's University, May 2016;
- panel discussion on cyber-security in April 2016;
- participation at the 22nd annual "International Business Forum and Networking Event" in Boston organized by GBANE and BABCNE, in February 2016;
- a discussion of Quebec-Vermont business opportunities in Montreal in October 2015 with representatives of AMCHAM of Quebec and with a keynote address by Governor Peter Shumlin of VT;
- a panel discussion on cross-border employment law issues, in October 2015;
- an economic outlook presented by speakers from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and the Macdonald-Laurier Institute, in September 2015;
- a briefing on New Brunswick's economy and trade opportunities by Premier Brian Gallant, in May 2015;
- a forum on Transportation, addressing rail, aviation and ports, in April 2015;
- remarks by business writer Diane Francis on her book: “Merger of the Century".
Look for further details here and on the "Speaker Programs" page regarding upcoming events.
U.S. Government Announces Plans to Put Tariffs on Canadian Softwood Lumber
Published April 25th, 2017
On April 24, the U.S. Commerce Department announced its investigation has once again concluded that softwood lumber imports are unfairly subsidized. As noted by the CBC:
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Calendar Of Events
May Luncheon Meeting
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:30a.m.-02:00p.m.
Keynote Speaker: Mike Savage, Mayor, Halifax, NSHampshire House, 84 Beacon Street, Boston, MAL…
The World in Flux Commonwealth Perspectives
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 05:30p.m.-07:30p.m.
Panelists: Harriet Cross, Consul General, U.K.; David Alward,ConsulGeneral, Canada; Upendra Mi…
25th Annual U.S./Canada Energy, Trade and Technology Conference
Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - Thursday, November 09, 2017
Seaport Hotel, Boston, MAContact Ellen Rota, Conference Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org for spons…
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.